How to Make Easy Fruit Salads: 3 Simple Recipes
Fruits are delicious and sweet, and they are loved all around the world for their flavors and aromas, which can range from intense to delicate. Besides tasting great, fruit also has multiple nutritional properties; they're usually eaten as a desert, but they're also excellent as a healthy snack between meals. Of course, fruits are at their best when ripe.
Fruit salad is a healthy way to start eating more fruit, and most children love it. This is why today at oneHOWTO we'd like to teach you how to make easy fruit salads with 3 simple recipes. Read on!
Seasonal fruit salad with orange juice
This easy fruit salad recipe is typical from Spain. You can use any fruit you like - bananas, apples, strawberries, mangos - but it's always better to choose seasonal, ripe fruit. It is a very healthy option, as it doesn't have any added sugars.
- Juice two oranges.
- Cut the rest of the fruit into small and regular squares. The best thing to do is to cut them in more or less the same size, especially if you're going to use a teaspoon to eat the fruit salad later.
- Add the fruit in the punch bowl. If you have decided to cut some fruit larger than others, make sure the chunkiest pieces are at the bottom so they don't crush the smaller pieces of fruit.
- Pour the juice over the salad. You can add some lemon juice drops to boost its taste and keep the color. This will not only make it taste better, it's also a great way to preserve fruit salad if you don't want to eat it all in one go.
- You can give this simple fruit salad a Hawaiian touch by choosing tropical fruit and preparing a sweet dressing - not as healthy, but still delicious. Juice half a lime, add a tablespoon of honey and a teaspoon of ground ginger and mix well.
Mojito-inspired fruit salad
Don't worry; this is a non-alcoholic dessert, so can serve it to everyone, including children. The mojito vibes make it a perfect fruit salad for the summer months.
- Chop summer fruits such as mixed berries and watermelon. Add the watermelon to the bowl first so that it doesn't bruise the berries.
- Add fresh, finely chopped mint.
- In a separate bowl, mix the juice of half a lime and two tablespoons sugar to make a liquid glaze. You can use a tablespoon honey instead.
- Pour the lime glaze into the fruit salad bowl and stir gently, without damaging the fruit.
- Keep the fruit salad in the fridge for at least 15 minutes. This will turn the glaze into syrup. Done!
- Of course, if you want to you can add a splash of rum to make it into a real mojito salad.
Spicy and summery fruit salad
This simple fruit salad is easy to make, but it is very sophisticated and subtle in taste. It is a bit spicy and lemony, so perhaps it won't be such a hit with children. Here is how to make it:
- Add two lemongrass stalks, a hot chile, one cup sugar and grated lime zest to one cup water in a pot or saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, stirring all the while. This will create a fresh and spicy syrup that will eventually become the dressing. Let it simmer for at least 5 minutes while you fill a bowl with ice.
- When the syrup has thickened a bit, pour it over the ice and let it cool down for 15 minutes.
- Chop strawberries and melon - or other fresh and delicate fruits of your choice - and add them to a bowl.
- Strain the syrup and pour it over the chopped fruit. Stir gently, without damaging the fruit.
- Keep in the refrigerator.
- Mix two teaspoons of finely chopped candied ginger with half a cup crème fraîche. This will be served right when you're about to eat it, on top of the fruit.
You can accompany your fruit salad with a couple of biscuits, sandesh or wafers, or perhaps Greek yogurt. These are great recipes to make if you don't have an oven or microwave, and they are also extremely healthy and nutritious compared other desserts.
If you are looking for other desserts you can make with fruit, at oneHOWTO we'd like to suggest some recipes we think you'd also enjoy:
If you want to read similar articles to How to Make Easy Fruit Salads: 3 Simple Recipes, we recommend you visit our Recipes category.
- You can add sugar or sweet wine
- You can combine any fruit you like. Blueberries, raspberries and pomegranate also go very well with this combination.
- For an extra refreshing taste, add just a few mint leaves, it will taste even more delicious.