How to Make Indian Style Pasta
Conventionally, Italian pasta dishes are made with pasta dough using durum wheat flour. But today, pasta is available in many varieties. Pasta is an easy dish to make and one can quickly cook it within minutes. Pasta tastes great when mixed with a variety of ingredients, and that is why it has become a popular food across different parts of the world. Almost everyone has his or her own style of cooking pasta. Indian food is known for its spicy texture and the use of different types of vegetables. Read this oneHOWTO article to know how to make Indian style pasta.
Pasta in India
Over the last few years, pasta has made its way into Indian kitchens more and more. A number of Indian brands have also started manufacturing and retailing different styles of pasta, including Bambino, Field Fresh and Rajdhani. Pasta has become a popular dish not only among the urban cities of the country, but also in 2-tier and 3-tier areas. Gourmet pasta is perhaps the most popular variant of pasta available in the Indian market. Thanks to TV cooking shows and Indians travelling to different parts of the world these days, Indians have gained more and more exposure to Italian pasta. You can also frequently find a sampling and tasting session in an Indian supermarket. Instant pasta varieties have also made their way into the Indian markets, due to which Indians have started experimenting their cooking style with pasta. As Pasta is a highly adaptable ingredient, it mixes well with Indian spices and sauces. Let’s find out how to make pasta Indian style.
Step by step instructions
Follow these instructions to make pasta Indian style:
- Take 4 cups of water in a deep pan, add 1 tsp oil and a pinch of salt to it, and bring it to boil. Add pasta to it and let it cook until the pasta gets soft.
- Drain the boiled pasta in a colander and rinse with cold running water
- Set the cooked pasta aside
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a wok and add curry leaves, ginger, green chilies, cumin seeds and mustard seeds to it. Adding oil will avoid breaking and sticking of the pasta
- Add the chopped onion to it and let it sauté until translucent
- Add in the tomatoes and let them sauté until mushy
- Add bell peppers, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt to it and let it sauté for 5 minutes
- Add cooked pasta to it and gently toss
- Sauté for 2 minutes on low flame, and remove from heat
- Serve hot
You may add as many vegetables to this Indian style pasta as you want. They will not only taste good, but will add to the nutritional content of the pasta as well. Adding pav bhaji masala, chat masala or any other masala to it can give it a nice twist.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Make Indian Style Pasta, we recommend you visit our Recipes category.