How to Clean Broccoli Before Cooking
Broccoli is a very healthy vegetable that allows you to prepare numerous delicious recipes, sure to delight young and old. Although it is very easy to prepare, some people are doubtful as to what is the best way to wash this vegetable so that there is no risk when eating it.
It is always necessary to disinfect fruits and vegetables before eating them, so in this oneHowTo article we explain some tips on how to clean broccoli before cooking it.
How to clean broccoli before cooking
Whether you buy the broccoli at the farmer's market or the supermarket, it's always important to thoroughly clean it before cooking and eating it. Follow these simple instructions to clean broccoli before cooking:
- When cleaning broccoli, the first thing you should do is remove the leaves that cover it, in the event that they are still there. We also recommend peeling the stalk of the broccoli, although you can also eat this.
- Then we recommend that you check if the broccoli has any damaged parts, either by being bashed or because it might be starting to go off. If that is so, you should remove these parts with the help of a knife.
- The next step to clean the broccoli will be to put it under running cold water. In this way, you will remove larger debris, such as dirt or mud.
- You can also place the broccoli in a bowl or container with water and vinegar in order to eliminate any insect that has crept into the vegetable. Let it soak for a few minutes and rinse it again before cooking it.
- Salt is another natural product that can be added to water to wash the broccoli instead of vinegar, and it will therefore not be necessary to use abrasive products such as chemicals sold in supermarkets.
When the broccoli is perfectly clean, you can proceed to cook it as you like. Bon Appétit!
If you want to read similar articles to How to Clean Broccoli Before Cooking, we recommend you visit our Food & drink category.