How to Make a Lentil Salad With Avocado
When the summer comes, the best way to mercifully beat the heat is to include refreshing, healthy salads in your regular diet. There are countless variations and combinations of salads to suit every taste and need, as gastronomy and cuisine never cease to innovate. Today, salads aren't synonymous with lettuce, tomato, and cucumber, but rather there are countless varieties and combinations to suit every taste and need. Legumes, especially lentils, are a great trend on salads because they are easier to digest and are a source of iron and protein.
In the following oneHOWTO article, we will show you step by step how to prepare a lentil salad with avocado, an ideal dish that combines the properties of lentils with the healthy fat of avocado.
The first step of this recipe requires that you prepare the lentils in advance. Pour your lentils into a large pot and cover them with cold water. Let them soak for at least 4 hours or overnight, up to 24 hours for best results.
After soaking the lentils for the required time, put them in a pot and cover them up to three fingers high with clean water. Then season them with salt and some thyme and boil them for at least 35 minutes, until they are soft.
Once you estimate that the lentils need about 15 minutes to cook, start preparing the salad: clean and disinfect the lettuce leaves by soaking them in water and lemon or vinegar for ten minutes. Then wash them with water and place them on a clean kitchen towel or a layer of paper towels and pat dry.
To make sure your lettuce is in perfect condition, do not miss this other article on how to tell if your lettuce is spoiled.
While the lentils are cooking, start preparing the onions. To make the onion less pungent, slice the onion thinly, place the pieces in a colander and rinse under cold running water. Place the rinsed raw onions on a clean kitchen towel or a layer of paper towels and pat dry.
Finally, choose an avocado that is just ripe so that it has a buttery and tasty texture. Open the avocado, remove the stone and peel, and cut it into small cubes that you can pierce with a fork. Once they are ready, add them to the rest of the salad.
Now add the lentils to the rest of the salad when they are ready and have had time to cool a bit.
Next, prepare a good dressing that is healthy but has a special touch. To do this, mix in a bowl the juice of the squeezed lemons, a pinch of salt, a pinch of pepper and finally a splash of olive oil. Mix everything well and pour it over the salad and then stir everything well.
For added flavor and freshness, you can add any aromatic herb of your choice, such as cilantro or mint, and also seeds that add a crunch to the lentil-avocado salad, such as sunflower, hemp, flaxseed, or sesame seeds. This not only adds flavor and texture, but also provides omega 3 and fiber.
Now that you know how to prepare a lentil salad with avocado, you may be interested in other alternatives, such as:
- How to Make an Avocado, Salmon and Walnut Salad
- The Best Healthy Mason Jar Recipes for Lunch
- How to Make Easy Fruit Salads
If you want to read similar articles to How to Make a Lentil Salad With Avocado, we recommend you visit our Recipes category.
- If you do not want to spend so much time cooking the lentils, you can choose to choose a type of lentil from a glass jar that is already cooked. In this case, you just have to put it on a colander and remove the conservation liquid and they are ready for consumption.
- This vegetarian lentil salad, in addition to being very healthy due to its great contribution of fiber, protein and vitamins, is suitable for all palates and diets. However, if you want to add an extra touch, you can choose to include some shredded chicken. To do this, you just have to season a chicken breast with salt and pepper and grill it back and forth. When it cools down, shred it with your own hands and add it to the salad.
- This salad is one of the variations that can be made with lentils and avocado, but the creations are free and you can add any extra you like, for example, some cherry tomatoes, a little green pepper or a very thinly sliced cucumber. fine.
- This vegetarian lentil salad is ideal to make in summer and, due to its great nutritional contribution, it serves perfectly as a main dish since it has great contributions such as the fiber from the seeds, the protein from the lentil and, if you wish, from the chicken, healthy fats from avocado, and vitamins and minerals from lettuce and onions.