How to Make Healthy Cream Popsicles
Eating popsicles in summer is as much medicine as it is a delicious treat. This is because the hot weather can make us feel low and the right popsicle is the perfect pick-me-up for the moment. Unfortunately, with most popsicles. the side effects are worrying due to high sugar content and other nutritional issues. This is often more so the case with creamy popsicles, whether or not they use fruit. This is one reason it is becoming more popular to make your own creamy popsicles at home. Not only do you get the satisfaction of making something yourself, but you control the ingredients and make them healthier.
At AnimalWised, we look at how to make healthy cream popsicles. We provide 5 delicious cream popsicle recipes which are also fruity and healthy for all seasons.
1. Mango and yogurt popsicle
The mango and yogurt fruit popsicle is perfect if you want a fresh and light product both provides hydration and helps you stay healthy. To prepare the mango and yogurt popsicle recipe, you will need the following:
- 250 g Greek or creamy yogurt
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 250 g sugar
- 50 g honey
- The first thing you should do is peel the mangoes and remove the pit. Put the chopped pulp in a bowl, as small as possible. The juice released by the pulp when chopping it should be removed and placed in a saucepan.
- Add the sugar and honey to the saucepan with the remaining mango juice and put it on the heat to warm until the honey and sugar dissolve. The resulting syrup must be added to the bowl with the pulp. With everything together, add the yogurt and mix until well integrated.
- Blitz with a hand blender or similar.
- Place the result in a popsicle mold, add the popsicle stick and wait 5 hours for it to freeze.
If you want some more sweet frozen treat ideas, take a look at our article on how to substitute ice cream.
2. Grapefruit popsicle
This is another type of popsicle, but is even lighter and easier to prepare. You can use grapefruit or the citrus fruit you like the most, either way your ice cream will have an added touch of vitamin C. To prepare the grapefruit lolly, follow these steps:
- 8 grapefruits
- 2 cup yogurt
- Sugar to taste
- The procedure is very simple. Squeeze the grapefruits until they release all their juice. Add as much sugar as you like to taste. The less sugar, the healthier the popsicle will be.
- Mix the yogurt and juice together.
- Add the mixture to the popsicle mild and and the stick. Wait 4-5 hours and your popsicle is ready!
3. Strawberry and coconut cream popsicle
This popsicle is ideal for people who love sweets and want to consume them in a healthy way without sacrificing taste. These healthy cream popsicles have a honeyed and soft texture. This creamy texture if often derived from cow's milk. However, if we substitute this for coconut milk we will get homemade and healthy fruit ice creams which are also 100% vegan.
- 200 ml sweet coconut milk
- 200 g strawberries or berries of your choice
- Chop the strawberries or whatever berry you choose.
- Once chopped, place in your popsicle mold.
- Pour over the coconut milk and then place in the freezer until they are ready.
You can add sugar to regular coconut milk and melt them on a low heat if you want to make it sweeter. For another great way to use coconut milk, take a look at our homemade coconut milk yogurt recipe.
4. Cocoa banana popsicle
If you like the previous vegan recipe, you can eliminate any type of milk from your popsicles by replacing it with bananas. To prepare the recipe for creamy banana and cocoa popsicles, keep these ingredients in mind and follow these steps:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Mash the bananas in a bowl until they are made into a paste and place in the freezer for about three hours.
- After the time has elapsed, add the tablespoon of cocoa and mix to create the desired consistency.
- Place in the popsicle mold as before and freeze.
Here is a recipe for vegan banana ice cream using almond milk.
5. Cashew, pineapple and lime popsicle
Another substitute for removing dairy products is yo use nut milk. This not only makes the popsicles vegan, but they provide a great source of minerals and vitamins. In this case, we are using cashews. To prepare cashew, pineapple and lime popsicles, do the following:
- 200 g raw and unsalted cashews
- 120 ml fresh lime juice
- 200 g peeled pineapple
- 1 vegan yogurt
- Sweetener to taste
- Soak the cashews in water for at least two hours to soften them.
- Bend together with the pineapple and add the lime juice.
- Place the mixture in the popsicles molds, add the sticks and freeze.
If you want to make any of these creamy healthy popsicles even creamier (although less healthy), you can check out this recipe for vegan condensed milk and use it instead.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Make Healthy Cream Popsicles, we recommend you visit our Recipes category.