Make Fat Burning Soup with Cabbage - 4 Recipes
If you are a weight conscious individual, you must have heard about the cabbage soup diet plan. People frequently associate cabbage with losing weight and burning fat. When you are on a cabbage soup diet, you are allowed to consume unlimited amounts of cabbage soup and lose as much as 15 pounds within a week. Cabbage is extremely low in calories, and consuming lots of it can keep you full, yet keep your calorie consumption low. The dietary fiber in it also controls your appetite and your blood sugar levels. If you also plan to lose your weight and burn fat with a cabbage soup diet, this oneHOWTO article will tell you about some of the best recipes to make fat burning soup with cabbage.
Recipe # 1: Cabbage Only soup
Using cabbage as your main ingredient will help you lose weight thanks to the amazing properties of this vegetable: it is an amazing antioxidant plant that can help you with cardiovascular difficulties and is known for being a great source of vitamin B1, B2, potassium and iron. Check out this fat burning recipe that will also keep you healthy.
- 5 cups of sliced green cabbage
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- ½ tsp coriander seeds
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups of chicken/vegetable stock
- Whole peeled tomatoes
- Black pepper to taste
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a thick bottomed saucepan on medium heat.
- Add chopped onion spices into it.
- Cook the onions until they soften. This can take around 5 minutes.
- Add sliced cabbage to the pan and mix.
- Add ½ tsp salt and whole tomatoes to the pan and mix.
- Add the chicken or vegetable stock.
- Let it boil and taste the salt.
- Put the heat to low flame, cover the pan and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle black pepper and serve.
Recipe # 2: Cabbage and Carrot soup
The second option for fat burning soup adds another main ingredient that will also prove highly helpful when shedding off pounds. Carrot is high in vitamin A, which is converted into retinoids that will, in turn, reduce the amount of fat your body stores.
- ½ chopped cabbage head
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 diced green bell pepper
- 2-3 minced garlic cloves
- 4 cups of chicken/vegetable broth
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan on medium flame
- Add onions, carrots, celery and bell peppers into it
- Sauté until they become tender
- Add garlic and chicken broth to it
- Now add cabbage and tomatoes
- Let it boil and reduce the heat to low
- Let the cabbage cook until tender
- Add salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, basil and oregano
- Add the seasoning to taste and enjoy
Recipe # 3: Cabbage and Broccoli soup
When it comes to fat burning soup there is no better ingredient than broccoli, so the best way to combine it is definitely in the following cabbage soup.
- 1/3 cup shredded cabbage
- ½ cup broccoli florets
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 thinly sliced leek
- 1 thinly sliced onion
- 1 cubed potato
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil on medium heat in a saucepan
- Add leek and onion
- Let it cook until tender
- Add broccoli, cabbage and potato
- Reduce flame to low and let it cook until all vegetables are softened
- Add vegetable broth to the pan
- Let it boil and then simmer for 15 minutes
- Blend until you get an even texture.
- Season with pepper and salt, you cam also add some pine nuts if you wish to.
Recipe # 4: Cabbage, Potato and Parsnip Soup
Last but not least, the addition of parsnip will not only give your cabbage fat burning soup an amazing flavor, but it will also help you increase your intake of soluble fiber and keep you full for a longer period of time. Let's take a look at how to make this last fat burning soup recipe.
- 1 head of chopped green cabbage
- 3 cups of cubed potatoes
- 2 parsnips cut into pieces
- 1 cup of applesauce
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Paste of 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp truffle oil
- 2 tbsp vegetable bouillon base
- Add vegetable bouillon base, parsnips and potatoes in a saucepan.
- Add enough water to cover all the vegetables.
- Season with pepper and salt.
- Let the water boil, reduce the heat and cook until the parsnips and potatoes become tender.
- Pour this mixture in a blender and blend in batches.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan and heat over medium heat.
- Add balsamic vinegar, apple sauce, truffle oil and garlic paste to the mixture.
- Let it simmer until all the flavors combine. This can take up to 50 minutes.
- Add cabbage and cook until it softens.
For more ideas, take a look at our fat burning soups with sweet potatoes.
If you want to read similar articles to Make Fat Burning Soup with Cabbage - 4 Recipes, we recommend you visit our Recipes category.