How to Make a Watermelon Slushy
Slush is a drink that we can easily prepare at home, and in fact it is the most recommended. Industrial preparations increase the amount of sugar and can add coloring that we do not need. Preparing a watermelon slush drink at home is extremely simple and inexpensive. Whenever we can, we should opt for the natural. In addition, since the watermelon is very sweet, the slushie will be super tasty, with few ingredients and hardly any added sugar.
The following oneHOWTO article explains step by step how to prepare a watermelon slushie.
The first step in making this irresistible watermelon slush drink is to cut the fruit into large pieces, of about 3 cm by 3 cm.
Next, place the watermelon pieces in a blender or food processor and add the two tablespoons of lemon. If you want to make your drink even more sweet, you can add the two tablespoons of sugar in this step.
Now it's time to blend all the ingredients together in the blender to make a natural, homogeneous, and well-integrated juice.
The cubes can be ground in a food processor if you have one. In case you don't own a food processor, you can also use crushed ice or put the whole cubes in the blender with the watermelon juice.
If we do not have a blender or food processor to help us make the slush, we can also give it the right consistency by hand. We simply need to scrape the frozen ice until we get a kind of crushed ice consistency, which we mix with the fruit juice.
To get the slush texture, you need to crush the ice together with the watermelon juice until you get a kind of ice purée. Make sure to check the number of cubes you put in the blender, because if the mixture is very watery you will need more ice.
Another option, if you do not want to add more ice, is to put the slush in the freezer for a while until you reach the consistency you want.
Instead of using ice cubes, we can also freeze the juice and grind it in a blender instead of freezing the juice directly. Using this method, the taste will be much more intense.
Once you have reached the consistency of an ice cream puree, your watermelon slushie is ready to serve. To make it even more refreshing and delicious, serve it cold in a glass or bowl.
Homemade slushies are a great way to consume low-calorie ice cream and stay hydrated at the same time. We just have to be careful not to consume too much sugar or hurt our throats if we are sensitive to cold drinks. Whenever we can, it is better to prepare them at home than to consume industrial preparations. We ensure the quality and quantity of ingredients and can give them the desired finishing touch.
If you want to know more ways to eat or drink watermelon, we recommend these other recipes:
If you want to read similar articles to How to Make a Watermelon Slushy, we recommend you visit our Food & drink category.
- If you have a Thermomix or kitchen robot you can prepare the watermelon granita very easily and quickly: you just have to put all the ingredients in the robot, blend for 15 seconds at speed 10, add the ice cubes and program the robot 30 seconds at speed 5 and serve immediately!
- Watermelon granita is ideal for summer because, in addition to being very refreshing, it only has 32 calories per 100 grams. Thus, it is one of the best ways to stay hydrated and consume a sweet but at the same time light drink, without gaining weight.
- If you want your watermelon granita to be even healthier, you can make it without adding sugar.
- To give it a different touch, you can serve your watermelon granita with lemon or with some mint leaves to enhance its flavor even more.
- This granita also accepts a variant with alcohol, ideal for livening up summer parties. The best option to turn the watermelon granita into a delicious cocktail is to add a little vodka.
- In case you have leftover watermelon granita, you can store it in the freezer to prepare a delicious ice cream that will help you reduce the sensation of heat during the summer.
- To choose the sweetest watermelon remember to check its firmness, that it is a little shiny and without white parts. In addition, watermelons that produce a hollow sound when tapped with your fingers indicate that they have a large amount of water and that they are ready to be consumed.