How to Make the Perfect Poached Egg
If you are wondering how to make poached eggs, this recipe is for you. Poached eggs, also known as flower eggs or poached eggs, are delicious. They can also be used in a variety of recipes and dishes. However, the biggest challenge for people who choose to cook these eggs is finding the right cooking point to ensure that they enjoy both the curdled egg white and the runny yolk. Poached eggs are a healthy substitute for the famous fried eggs, and you can enjoy them without sacrificing flavor or adding fat.
The following oneHOWTO recipe will show you how to prepare the perfect poached egg to serve as a topping or to dip in bread.
The first step in preparing a poached egg is to heat 1 liter of water. Once the water is heating in the stove, crack an egg into a a bowl or even a glass. Be careful not to break the yolk. Make sure you are using fresh eggs. Do not add salt to the egg white, as this could break it up.
When the water begins to boil, which you can tell by the bubbles that form on the surface, you need to stir it with a spoon until a small whirlpool begins to form. It is also recommended to add a drop of vinegar to the water.
Then drop the egg you had already put aside in a bowl into the whirlpool. By doing this, you can create the so called "flower effect", because the egg white will then wrap itself around the yolk.
Remove the poached egg from the water with a slotted spoon after it has boiled for 3 minutes and drain it on kitchen paper. The yolk should feel runny at this point. You can also cook the egg for 1 more minute if you want it more curdled. It's up to your taste!
To cook more than one poached egg, keep it at just the right temperature in warm water. Be careful not to overcook the egg.
Ready! In less than 10 minutes you will have your poached egg ready to serve and enjoy. Incorporate it on a toast crowning a dish or as an accompaniment. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately to enjoy the delicious liquid yolk.
If you are and egg lover and are interested in learning other easy techniques and styles to cook eggs, do not miss this article on how to make a fried egg in the microwave. In addition, we also offer you different recipes so that you can incorporate the poached egg in these easy preparations:
Top 10 avocado and egg recipes for breakfast.
How to cook a full English breakfast.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Make the Perfect Poached Egg, we recommend you visit our Recipes category.
- Putting at least one liter of water in the pot will help you maintain the temperature during cooking, since it is very important that when you introduce the egg the water temperature does not drop drastically, this way you will achieve perfect cooking. Also, you should know that the poached egg in the microwave is also a very easy preparation to make. Choose the option that you like the most!
- It may not always turn out well to make the swirl, especially if the egg is not very fresh, since in those cases its white is more liquid. This does not mean that it cannot be poached, but it is recommended to add a couple of tablespoons of vinegar to the water and put a strainer over the glass where we will crack the egg to be able to discard the most liquid part of the egg.
- When you add the vinegar to the water, you help coagulate the egg white and thus prevent it from spilling over the pot.
- If you are not going to consume the poached egg right away, cool it by removing it with the slotted spoon to stop the cooking.
- If you want to make more than one poached egg at the same time or you don't want to complicate your life by forming swirls, you can use the plastic wrap technique, that is, the poached egg film consists of cracking the eggs on plastic wrap previously placed in a bowl, making a bundle and put it in the pot.
- Another option for making the perfect, hassle-free poached egg is to steam them. For example, with the steamer of a kitchen robot. With this technique it will take about 6 minutes to cook them.
- The temperature of the eggs must be room, to achieve the perfect point. If you have them in the fridge, remove them at least an hour before cooking.
- The size of the eggs also matters and you should know that the M ones will make faster than the L ones.
- You must bear in mind that if you put the heat very low, it is possible that the cooking is slower, so little by little, in addition to learning the technique, you must learn what is the ideal time and temperature to cook the egg to your liking.
- Hard-boiled egg, soft-boiled egg, and low-temperature egg are also delicious.