How to Make Flourless Cornbread at Home
Cornbread is a popular type of bread and are part of the Native American cuisine. This delicious bread is naturally a little sweet, healthy and very fast to make. It is also a versatile dish as it can be used in savoury meals, as well as in desserts.
In this oneHOWTO article, we're going to explain how to make flourless cornbread at home. This recipe has no flour, making it a lighter and healthier option.
Firstly, to make this flourless cornbread recipe you will have to place the corn in a container to blend them. Remember to wash them and place them individually into the blender. It may be easier to do this by buying corn in a can, as it is already separated. All you would have to do is rinse them with a strainer before placing them into the blender.
Before continuing, we preheat the oven to 180º.
Once you have all the grains in the container, melt the stick of butter in a saucepan over medium heat. After this step, add the butter to the container where the grains are located and add the 5 eggs, a pinch of salt and the condensed milk, as well as the baking powder.
This last ingredient will not be necessary if you make corn bread without an oven. You can make cornbread in a double boiler or in a pressure cooker, as we will show you below.
Once you have everything together, mix them again with your blender until they become an homogeneous paste.
You can also blend the corn kernels into a paste and then empty it into a bowl and then add the rest of the ingredients there and stir them manually. If you don't have a blender be sure to mash the corn kernels well and properly stir the ingredients to form a paste.
Now that the dough is ready, it's time to prepare the mold to bake your cornbread. Remember to grease your pan so the dough doesn't stick.
Leave the cornbread in the oven for 50 minutes. However, you must keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't burn as this will depend on the power of each oven.
Once the 50 minutes are over, we recommend you take a toothpick and pierce it in your cornbread. If it comes out clean, it means that your cornbread is ready. However, if it comes out moist, you'll need to leave it in your oven for a couple more minutes.
Now, simply wait for your flourless cornbread to cool down for around 25 minutes before serving. Then, enjoy!
We've already shown you how to make flourless fluffy cornbread at home. But, you might want to know how to make cornbread without an oven too. We will show you below!
Flourless corn bread in a pressure cooker
To make the same flourless corn bread in a pressure cooker, you will have to follow these simple steps:
- Shelling four ears of corn and insert the kernels into a bowl while melting the stick of butter. You can also use cans of corn already shelled (4 and a half cups).
- Add the rest of the ingredients (butter, corn, a can of condensed milk, five eggs and a little salt) to a blender and mix well until completely integrated.
- Grease your pressure cooker with a little butter or shortening and add the mixture.
- Put the pot over medium heat for 35 minutes.
- Once this time has passed, turn off the heat and let it cool for 25 minutes. Then, it's ready to serve!
If you want to save some of this bread for the future, we recommend you read our article about how to properly freeze bread and you may also be interested in our easy and delicious cheesy garlic bread recipe.
We also leave you this video about how to make flourless cornbread from scratch so you can follow along from home.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Make Flourless Cornbread at Home, we recommend you visit our Recipes category.
- We recommend you shelling your own ears before buying cans of corn, as the texture will be more favorable, although it will not affect the flavor at all.
- You can use vanilla essence and 1/4 cup of sugar to give this dessert a sweeter flavor.
- If instead of a cornbread you want to prepare corn muffins without flour, we recommend dividing the pasta into smaller molds to serve them in a more original way.
- You can also make cheesy cornbread by simply add 180g of cream cheese when you prepare the mixture.